Where to go from here?

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2010 at 3:19 AM
Edited Jan 28, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Now that davidans's original code has been posted, I'd like to keep things moving forward in order to see the progression towards a canvas-friendly web on IE6+. If anyone has any ideas on how to make the most of this great project, please share.

I'll start.

First, I think "Html5Canvas.js" should be renamed to something that mentions Silverlight, i.e. "slcanvas.js".

Second, I want to update the solution so that it is build-friendlier and more F5able. I might've "pushed the wrong buttons", so to speak, but it seemed to me that the test HTML page would be overwritten by the Silverlight project if a fully VS-automated debug build config was invoked.

Third, I want to see all (or as many as are still accessible and are legal) of the code demos that davidans used made accessible and executable from within the project source code. Further, I want to continuously be adding more demos as tests.

Fourth, I want to see some slightly better hand-holding (not that the hand-holding wasn't already great). It shouldn't take more than one line of code plus a referenced script to convert modern-browser-ready canvas code into IE+Silverlight-ready canvas code. An alternate script could perhaps be provided that would automatically detect the browser and reconfigure the DOM to point getCanvas() to this solution without any consumer code; not sure, needs looking into.

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2010 at 5:49 AM

I'm adding these (above) to the issue tracker as a to-do list.